Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Partial Eclipse February 21, 2012 [HD]


For My Birthday What More Could One Ask For?

For those of you who know me and have gone through life’s journey with me or even just partially, have come to understand how I’ve always loved the sun. I have now and then written about our sun from my personal perspective as well as on a regular basis from just the scientific view.

I delight in its presence, feel my energy soar, and find myself defensive and protective like a mother hen should someone blame the solar flares for causing the climate change, earthquakes, volcanoes to erupt, extreme weather and the geomagnetosphere to vanish and the polars shift.

Hold it!

I’m not here today to write about the misconceptions but actually the wonderful birthday present I received on February 21, 2012. What more could one ask for!! To have the sun give you a virtual blink (partial solar eclipse) for your birthday?

Also, a very special presentation from NASA/Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO).

On February 21, 2012, the Moon moved in between NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) satellite and the Sun (seen here in extreme ultraviolet light) and produced a partial solar eclipse from space. The SDO team observed the lunar transit, which began at about 8.10 am EST and ended about 10 am EST.

And, to have been surrounded by wonderful and loving friends as yourselves.

Wabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment